Our 6-leg journey back to Melbourne went something like this:
1. Carpool – Alton Towers (near Birmingham) to Stratford London (3 hrs)
2. Train – Stratford London to Paddington London (30 mins)
3. Mini cab – Paddington London to Heathrow London (45 mins)
4. QF10 flight – London to Singapore (13 hrs + 2 hr stopover)
5. QF10 flight – Singapore to Melbourne (7 hrs)
6. Taxi – Tullamarine Melbourne to Camberwell (45 mins)
Total travelling time = 28.5 hours. No wonder we’re exhausted!
Given we are both struggling to stay awake at 19:00 (actually daughter has already crashed asleep), I suspect it will be a very early morning wake up.
What a fine way to top off yet another fabulous adventure. What with…
the majestic of Spain
the magic of Morocco
the mellow of Lisbon Portugal
the magnifique of Paris France
the melting chocolate moments of Bruges Belgium
the movement of London UK
and the madness of Alton Towers
…what a wonderful way to spend 6-7 weeks of oné’s precious time. It’s always rather sad finishing off an adventure…
but then of course the next one is already on the drawing board!
Apart from Bali May 2010, how does Peru, Bolivia and Argentina sound? Want to come too? Go on, you know you want too…